Steps to Download Android Apps from Google Play Store
Learn simple steps to download Android apps from Google play store
Here we will learn steps by step procedure for how to download Android apps from Google Play Store. Before that lets have a clear idea about What is Google Play Store and What is Android Market? Then we will move to the the topic Steps to Download Android Apps from Google Play Store.
What is Google Play Store?
Google Play Store is an Android Platform (Online Store maintained by Google), from where users can upload and download games, music, movies, books, magazines, TV programs etc. In Google Play Store some applications are available for free and some are paid. User can directly download and install Android apps into their devices from the Play Store. So if you have an Android device, then you can browse the Google Play Store and search for your favorite applications and games etc. Google provides an inbuilt application called ‘Play Store’ in all android devices. So users can browse and download Android apps from the Play Store. If your Android device does not have the default inbuilt Play Store or Android Market app, then also you can install it in to your Android device.
What is Android Market?
Now we must have heard about Android Market, you might have some confusion in your mind. Let be clear. Google Play store is formerly known as the Android Market. So you can say old wine in new bottle. Inside structure of both services are same, Just Google changed their service name from Android Market to Google Play Store.
Difference between Google Play Store and Android Market
So the name is the only basic difference. On the month of 6th March, 2012, Google merged Android Market and Google Music and then the service was renamed to Google Play to coincide with the re-branding of Google’s digital distribution strategy.
How to Download Android Apps from Google Play Store or Android Market
It is very easy to download Android apps from Google Play Store. You can download games, music, movies, books, magazines, TV programs etc from the Play Store. First we will discuss step by step details about how to download apps from Google Play Store. Then we will discuss how to upload your own android apps into the Google Play Store in a separate article.
1. Google Account (Any account in Google. Like: GMail Account, Google Plus, YouTube Etc)
2. Android Device.
3. Internet Connection
4. Play Store App installed in your Device.
Steps to Download Android Apps from Google Play Store
1. First Check your internet connection in your Android device. You can open a browser and check the connection.
2. Enable background data option in your device. Goto “Applications->Settings->Accounts and sync ->Background data”. Then enable the check box. Note: The path might be different in your Android device.
3. Open ‘Play Store’ application form your device. Goto ‘Applications-> Play Store’ in your Android device then open the Play Store app.
Note 1: If the Play Store app is not available on your device, then search for Android Market app and open it. Also if your Play Store app is outdated, then you will get a popup to like ‘Upgrading Android app to Play Store’, while open the app. So please upgrade your Play Store or Android Market app if it ask for it. If related application is available in your device, then download Play Store form the web using web browser.
Note 2: You might face internet connection issue during this step even if your internet connection is working fine. In this case, you can have another alternative. First Login in to any Google Account using any web browser. You can Login into your Gmail account or Login into Gtalk. Then open the Play Store app. It will automatically login for you.
4. Login into Play Store using your Google Account (You can use any Google account. Like you can use your Gmail account ).
Note 1: As we discuss in above step. You might face internet connection issue during this step even if your internet connection is working fine. In this case, you can have another alternative. First Login in to any Google Account using any web browser. You can Login into your Gmail account or Login into Gtalk. Then open the Play Store app. It will automatically login for you.
Note: One of the best way is: First Login into Gtalk application, then open Play Store application for downloading android apps from Google Play Store .
5. Now you need to search your favorite games, apps etc to download into the device. Goto Right corner of the Play Store Page. Then you will find a Search Icon. Click on that search icon, then you will find an EditBox option for typing name of the application you want to install/download from Play Store. Once you start typing, you will be getting key word suggestions related to that application. Then Click on the application you want to install or download.
Note: You can install free or paid Android applications, However first try to download a free Android application into your device.
6. Once you clicked on the application, you will find the application screen with a option button called “Install”. Click on the Install button.
7. Then You will be redirected to a new page. In that page you will find a option button called “Accept & download”. click on ‘Accept & download‘ button.
8. That’s it. This is the final step to Download Android Apps from Google Play Store. Your application will automatically download into your device and you can see the progress in the notification bar. Once your download is complete, you can find the installed app in your applications list.
9. Then open the application and enjoy.
Issues While Downloading Apps from Google Play Store
1. Error- package file is invalid while download apps from Play Store
You might experience the above issue while downloading Android apps from Google Play Store.
In this case you can search for some solutions in web, I was also getting the same error sometime back, but i did hard reset of my phone and it worked fine for me. Please note that: If you will hard reset your phone then make sure to take backup your data, Otherwise you will lost your data permanently. But you can find some alternative solutions for it. One request for you, if you will find any easy solution for this issue, then please mention the same in the comments area below the post.
2. Error- Downloading Android Apps from Play Store
In this case please check the internet connection, if it is working in your device. Then try again.
3. Error- No Connection Retry while download Android App from Play Store
In this case also, please check the internet connection, if it is working in your device. Then try again.
Also you can try below steps:
- Goto Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications
- Then Click on All Tab.
- Select Google Play store application, and tap Clear Data the tap Clear Cache.
- Then, Select Download Manager and tap Clear data and Clear cache.
I hope this small tutorial on ‘Download Android Apps from Google Play Store’ will help at it’s best.
Future Update: I will write an article on how to upload android apps into Google Play Store very soon.